MARC1 – 2016 Three-Day Seminar
Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstruction and Cause Analysis
Instructor: Rudy Limpert, Ph.D
Text: Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstruction and Cause Analysis, 7th Ed., LexisNexis;
Software: MARC1 – 2015; Book either in paper or e-version; MARC1 software (no charge)
- Understand and apply fundamentals of accident reconstruction.
- Identify and properly document critical accident scene and vehicle data.
- Identify common and unique elements in crashes.
- Become familiar with the reconstruction of most types of accident crashes.
Specific Seminar Objectives
- Velocity diagram: Motion analysis made simple
- Driver response: Reaction time and difference between real and ideal test drivers.
- Accident causation and avoidance analysis.
- Understand energy balance and impulse analysis in impact speed calculations.
- Crush energy: Analysis of vehicle crash test data and their use in crash reconstruction.
- In-line crash reconstruction: Head-on, rear-end and side swipe accidents.
- Intersection two-vehicle crashes with linear momentum.
- Combined linear and rotational momentum
- Fundamentals of slide-out and rollover accident reconstruction.
- Hands-on training in reconstructing actual vehicle crashes.
- Avoid mistakes even experienced reconstruction experts make.
- Becoming familiar with MARC 1 Software
- Apply the “Does It Make Sense” rule to ensure my reconstruction is correct.